The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Too Much Fur

When you start buying rat food in 33 pound bags I think there is one question you should ask yourself. "How will I get this up the stairs?" No, actually what I think you should ask yourself is "What the hell am I doing?"

I'm beginning to think that I am incapable of spending less than $75.00 every time I go into PetsMart. Does that seem like a lot to spend at the pet store? Is it possible that I have too many pets? If you add up the rats, the cats and the fish there are 20 animals living in this apartment. Actually there may be more soon because I think one of my fish is pregnant. Or she has dropsy and is going to die, I'm not sure. She's 2 1/2 years old so she's getting near the end of her fishy life.

Of course, as we all know, rats don't live forever. I have five senior citizens here right now and I doubt any of them will be celebrating Christmas 2010. I sure hope they will, but it's hard to say. Phil is starting to seriously fade, he sleeps most of the day away and doesn't have much of an appetite. I think it's almost time to start syringe feeding him Ensure. And Doug has pretty much lost the use of his back legs so now he gets around by crawling like a little inch worm. He can still lay the smack down on his brother Bob though.

And this is what happens when you spend 2 1/2 hours cleaning rat cages. You write a blog post that doesn't really have any point and you ramble on and on about rodents. Or I suppose I could say it was the fumes from the cleaning spray. Yeah, that's it.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:34 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    That's an awful lot of food and an interminable amount of cage cleaning. I am sure they appreciate it!!!

     
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    That's an awful lot of cage cleaning!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home