The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scarf-O-Rama

It's been a day of weaving in ends and adding fringe. I'm beginning to feel like a scarf production facility.

This is the Thermal Scarf from Lion Brand. Done in Wool-Ease Forest Green Heather. No, I'm not running the marketing department for Lion Brand from my blog, it's just the way things seem to be working out here. This is one heck of a thick scarf, it's more like a narrow blanket. That might be because I crocheted it with an "H" hook instead of a "J" like the pattern called for. It's 6" wide by 58" long and I think it'll probably keep someone quite warm this winter.

This is the Sweet Guy Scarf and I gotta tell you, I absolutely love this scarf. I mean LOVE IT. I think it's very elegant for a crocheted scarf, even with the fringe. Unfortunately, even though I obviously took this picture outside, the red didn't show up quite as nice as I wanted. The tree in the background looks quite nice however. That's an avocado tree. My current scarf total is a miserly THREE. But that's OK, because I've still got another three and a half months of production time.

Finally, I went to The Knitting Room yesterday to solve my current scarf problem. It ended up being a combination of my lack of crochet knowledge and two possible interpretations of the pattern. I also learned that you do not have to buy yarn from The Knitting Room to get help. Unless of course you come in every day for three hours for two weeks and ask them to practically knit your project for you from yarn purchased elsewhere. Which was pretty much the policy when I worked at both Knitting Arts and Green Planet Yarn.

Of course this did not stop me from buying more yarn because people, they have 80 bazillion colors of Encore Worsted which is perfect for the ol' scarves. I also bought a book on crochet but I'll save that for tomorrow since I doubt I'll have another scarf to show by then.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Making scarf production look easy, there, April!

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Nice green scarf!! Also, nice to read that the wool shop was so helpful. Happy Scarfing!!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Scarf production is an awesome thing. There is nothing better than having scarves in stock when there is a need for gifting. Well done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home