The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 02, 2010

Industrial Strength

You know you've made a pair of slipper socks worthy of a South Dakota winter when they stand up by themselves.

These are Baba's Bed Socks. A very easy, very fast pattern. Knit with two strands of Wool-Ease these were done quicker than you can say, "I'm really sick of slipper socks." Now I am not a big fan of thick yarn because I find it a bit cumbersome to work with on DPN's but I think these were worth it. I wish I'd been making them all along.

But it's too late now because this is officially my last pair of slipper socks for a while. Actually I haven't even finished the second one but there's less than 20 rows to do so I'm considering it done. To celebrate the end of the Great Slipper Sock Making Extravaganza Of 2010 let's have a mini-contest. Simply leave a comment and the random number generator will do it's work and we'll have a winner tomorrow night after 6PM PST. The prize? Umm, a rat? How about a brown tabby? A rat? OK, something out of my stash. I'm not sure what it will be but it'll be good, I promise.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    That's a sock standing up for itself all right!!!
    I don't think we'd like to win a rat, it might be a tad too much like a squeaky toy!!!
    (My word is flabjet!!!)

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm debating making a million pairs of felted slippers for Christmas, but maybe I should go with easy slipper socks instead . . .

    Sarah/Scienceprincess

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger PICAdrienne said…

    My favorite slipper socks are the cozy slipper socks in the free IK download of either accessories or socks. I don't remember which. But I do a more traditional toe up cast on than the one described in the pattern. The two "boys" (18 and 13) I have made them for both really like them. All ribbed and chunky weight yarn, they are fast.

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger MathIsBeauty said…

    Wow, I go away for a while and come back to all sorts of posty bloggy goodness. I have missed your musings.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Mathis: Never go away? :o)

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said…

    Yay for bed socks! If you want to make them less slippery (hah), you can decorate the soles with a bit of puff paint so they won't make your recipient skate.

    Thanks for using my pattern!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home