The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Elliott

Driving to work this morning I was composing my blog post in my little brain. I had decided I was going to write about one of my senior rats, Doug. And how senior rats really force you to live in the moment because you never know when they're going to pass. So the phrase "I'll play with him tomorrow" goes out the window because there may not be a tomorrow. Philosophical crap like that. But then I got to work and ack, no pictures of Doug on my Flickr account.

Here's Elliott instead! Isn't he adorable? I love Elliott liek whoa. He's your typical Pink Eyed White aka a PEW. A lot of people are creeped out by their red eyes so they're harder to adopt out. I obviously love ALL rats. Maybe a bit too much.

Of course with the albino-ism (is that a word?) Elliott doesn't see very well. So he's a bit more fearful than the other fuzzbutts at my place. Elliott's been having play time for almost nine months every night in the bathroom. But it still takes him about 20 minutes of hiding behind the toilet to figure out that everything is OK. Which of course, makes me love him more.

I was going through my knitting bag the other day and came across a bunch of patterns I had designed during the Great Summer Of Unemployment. This was one of them. I was quite sure I'd posted the pattern for this on my blog. Apparently not. It's done in a chunky weight yarn; I used Mirasol Sulka which is the most gorgeous yarn on the planet (silk/wool/alpaca, you get the drift). I think I'll re-knit it this weekend in something a little less expensive because I think it would be a great hat to make for the Reservation. Maybe something in Lion Brand since a nice lady from Lion Brand left a comment on my blog and hey, I'll do anything for a comment. Once I get it all worked up I'll post the pattern here.

Now THAT'S a sock monkey!

3 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh, Elliott is sweet and I love his playing in the bathroom story!!
    In the bush here albino animals usually die, but we have six albino wallabies in the south: they are The Six White Boomers who pull Santa's sleigh on his Australian run!!
    Oh, nice hat, I wish I could wear a beanie without looking like an anorak!!!

     
  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    That is a pretty hat.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Alwen said…

    I'm going to have nightmares from that sock monkey! ARGH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home