The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Say Cheese

So back in January I decided to do the 365 Project. The idea behind the project was to take a picture each day to represent your life on that day. Now when you're an accountant who basically follows the same routine Monday - Friday and then spends all weekend knitting, there aren't a whole lot of fantastic photo opportunities. So I ended up taking a lot of flower pictures because hey, this is California and there are a lot of flowers around. Especially at the Stanford Shopping Center which is all of 10 minutes from where I work.

This is a tulip which was kind of on the wane. But still pretty I think. I managed to make it through about 4 months of the 365 Project before my relentless competitive nature reared it's ugly head. I have a decent but still crappy camera. The shutter speed is so slow that I can basically only take pictures of things that absolutely DON'T MOVE. It also has an auto focus that really only takes decent pictures with natural light. Which means no inside shots. Compared to a lot of the other photos taken by people doing the 365 Project, mine were somewhat lacking. Since part of my brain doesn't seem to have matured past the age of 6, I packed up my camera and left. However, I did learn a lot about taking pictures and have some shots I'm somewhat proud of. And ... more blog fodder!

Here's LivyJane! LivyJane is about 5 months old now. The rescue agency that I was formerly with before starting my SANCTUARY got a call from the Humane Society that they had a baby rat needing socialization. Socialization is my middle name. But not only did LivyJane come with a need to be socialized she also came with a horrible upper respiratory infection. After two weeks of twice daily antibiotics Livy was well accustomed to humans. Now she's a happy little monkey, living with her buddies Claudette, Bella and Celeste. Because of course, I never did give her back to the Humane Society.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Awww...look at little Livy! I wish I could say I was surprised that she never made it back to the shelter. But I'm kind of not.

    My own recent "complicated" addition is sitting next to me right now. The ones that need us the most are the hardest to resist!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh LivyJane is so cute!! She is a lucky girl!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home