The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, October 05, 2009

And The Winner Is ...

... my wonderful friend, Knitcoach, with her guess of 25 squares. Which is very nice for me because it gives me an excuse to see her! Yes, blog fans, a RL friend has won the contest and no, it wasn't rigged. Come back again this Saturday for Contest #2 Within A Contest!

Great Googly Moogly, it's not a dishcloth and it's not a square. It's a ... sock! Oddly enough, I have grown a little bored with knitting things that become squares. I started on this sock about a month ago, maybe more? It is a frightfully boring pattern of ol' K2 P2 for the leg and stockinette for the foot but it's very squishy and soft since it's worsted weight wool. Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Worsted to be precise. I think the colorway is "Apple Hill" although pink, blue and purple aren't colors one usually associates with apples. Anyway for some reason I had it in my head that I had not only finished the first sock but was onto the foot on the second one. No such luck. When I pulled it out of the bag today it turned out I'd only done 12 rows of the leg. Poop.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Ah, yes, the sock in the project bag is always farther along than the sock in the hand... my sympathies.

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely sock out of lovely yarn!

    It really was just a guess, I can't believe I won.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said…

    Cute socks! Great colour!

     
  • At 3:53 PM, Blogger Virginia G said…

    Love it. I'm a huge fan of that yarn. Good luck finishing up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home