The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Saturday Squares

Well I said we were gonna have a contest and yes indeedy we are. This contest will happen each Saturday for the month of October which nicely takes care of 5 posts for Blogtober. I am a sly one.

Here's the deal. I have set a remarkably unrealistic goal for myself regarding square production for this month. I am trying to do a *cough*entire afghan*cough*. As in ... 120 squares. Not including seaming. I'm not THAT insane. But you know what they say, fail to plan, plan to fail. Each week I will post a picture of the total number of squares I've crocheted TO DATE and it will be up to you to guess how many there are. This is a week's worth of squares. How many are there?

This is this week's prize. 600 meters (so about 660 yards) of Fleece Artist "Suri Blue." Which is 50% Suri Alpaca and 50% Blue Face Leicester. My camera fails to capture the gorgeousness of this lace weight yarn. Think more of a hunter green, the actual colorway is called "Hemlock." So details, details, details. The contest closes at 6pm PST on Monday, October 5th. Post your guess in the comments. Contest is open to the entire world. If more than one person guesses the correct number, the random number generator will pick the winner.

And the cats .. they just keep on coming. Why feed four cats when you can feed five? There is a certain irony here in that I'm taking a picture of cats in my apartment and neither belongs to me.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:01 AM, Blogger dillpickle said…

    Righty-ho....I'm guessing 24! Good luck getting all the squares done!

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    One wonders how the cats which do not belong to you get into your apartment...

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I'm guessing 21 squares. I tried to count them but I haz old eyeballs according to my eye doctor. He's mean...but correct.

    You should have a cat counting contest. No one would ever win that one, but we'd have lots of fun trying to figure out how many actually live with you at any given moment!

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am guessing you have an even 25 squares. I just like that number.

    Maybe you are really a frustrated herder at heart and collecting cats makes you feel fulfilled? Your sagas are always amusing.

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Berta in Texas said…

    Um, 23? My eyes are older than Sheepie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home