The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Spike!

A big congratulations to TREK for selecting the most appropriate name for my little rat. Trek, please pick a colorway from BMFA so I can order you some new sock yarn!

I have found an alternative use for my many dishcloths.

If we look to the right of this picture we see a beautiful fleece hammock with catchy racing stripes. Perfect for a little rattie to curl up in. Unless your rattie goes by the name of Spike. Then he will totally ignore the lovely hammock and choose to sleep on your crocheted dishcloths (see left side of photo). In fact, he will go so far as to pull down one of the dishcloths from an upper level so he can use it as a pillow.

Many hours were spent this long weekend with me locked in the bathroom trying to convince Spike that I wasn't going to kill him. He's a very cautious lad which is understandable given that my apartment probably smells rather strongly of cat. Andy's initial fascination with our new room mate has lessened and I'm not sure that DeeDee realizes there's a rat in the house. I also think that Andy is a bit intimidated by Spike's size. Or at least, I hope so.

By yesterday, Spike would sit in my lap and eat carrot strips and let me pet him while he was munching away. He's a funny little guy, a lot more curious than Mouzz was and he absolutely hates Yogis which are kind of the universal rat treat. I put them in his cage and he throws them out. He definitely has a mind of his own. I wonder if he'd like a friend ...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    That is the perfect name! Well done, Trek! I think he likes it, too. You can just tell...

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Hey, that really is a great use for a dishcloth!

    PS - I like "Downpour". THANKS!

     
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He is certainly a very cute rat and Spike suits him well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home