The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Rat Pack

I went to the yarn store today.

I bought yarn.

It's hideous.

I'll be giving it away tomorrow on the blog. If you're in the market for 188 yards of a DK weight alpaca / wool blend tune in tomorrow and it may be yours. Or tune in simply for the sake of viewing some really ugly yarn.

So since I have no knitting content, we'll go with rat content.

It's Mouzz! We've had Mouzz now for almost 8 months and a more loved rat you'd be hard pressed to find. He's mellow, he's loving, he adores Yogies, basically he's the greatest rat in the world. But one thing was missing for poor Mouzz. No girlfriends!

That has now been recitified.

Allow me to introduce Sadie, who's eyes really are that buggy. She's a PUREBRED. Yes, indeed. Miss Sadie is a Russian Blue Burmese. Her previous owner was going off to college and rooming with people who had many kitties. So she returned Sadie to the "rattery" where she originally came from and I adopted her. We don't know what Sadie's original name was but I think it kind of suits her. And along with Sadie ...

... came her cage mate, Tater. They've been together since they were both a month old so they're very bonded. Again, we didn't know what Tater's original name was but Tater is another purebred, a Black Irish, hence the name. Of the two, Sadie is the outgoing and confident one. Tater seems to have some "issues" and is quite nervous. Hopefully she'll come around. But both are definitely a lot more active than Mouzz, The Couch Rat.

But I still have no yarn.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I missed Mouzz.

    Not as much as the horse pictures, though.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I'm missing the rats I used to have :-( They really are wonderful, loving pets, aren't they?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home