The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Umm ... Hi!

So ... umm ... hey! It's me, the absent blogger. Gah, what a flake. What's it been, 5 months? Almost? My poor little blog. I'm sorry, Blog!

Five months - you'd think I'd have a lot of stuff to report. Alas, I do not. I do have a job that sucks the life out of me on a daily basis which is my excuse for not blogging for so long. But it's a job so I won't complain too loudly or too long. I have a new computer which I got at a fabulous price and which I love like whoa. Andy and DeeDee are still here, plus my two "part time cats", Thomas (who we already know) and Oreo (see below).

I'm still knitting but honestly, up to until a few weeks ago it was a very unproductive year. And then I discovered the joy of dishcloths.

It's all about dishcloths over here which should be no surprise since my obsessive tendencies are well documented. Coinciding with this obsession was a sale at Michaels on Lily's Sugar'n Cream ...

Yep, still the same ol' April. Why buy one ball, when you can buy sixty billion? But there is something so satisfying about dishcloths. There are literally tons of dishcloth patterns on Ravelry, most free, and look at all the cool colors you can do them in! Plus I get to use my large collection of straight needles (circa 1985) which will always be my favorite needles. And no seaming! That alone makes them my new favorite project.

In non-knitting news, I am working with an editor to polish up a small childrens story that I wrote a few years back. Actually "polish" might not be the right word. How about TOTALLY REDO THE FRIGGIN' THING. Yeah, that's better. So that's it for now from Chez Insanity. Hopefully it won't be another 5 months before I post again.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Dishcloths are also cool because they make really good little "emergency" gifts. You can make a bunch and pick from your stockpile.

    Welcome back, dear.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    You're alive!

    Woo Hoo!

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I will stand back here quietly and wave in a very non-threatening manner so as to not scare April away from the blog. It is hard, because it is so very good to see her again, but I shall persevere.

    Love those dishcloths!

     
  • At 1:19 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    ummmm HI yourself! Glad to have you back ... and I totally LOVE the colours in that last photo - wish cotton came like that over here ... [ wipes drool off keyboard ]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home