The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Mouzzs Room Mates

OK, before we get started, can I get a definitive grammar ruling here? Should it be "Mouzz's Room Mates" or "Mouzzs Room Mates"? I'm pretty sure it's Mouzzs Room Mates but that just looks so wrong to me. I confess, I'm an apostrophe addict.

And speaking of Mouzz and because all I have knitting-wise are more blankie pictures, let's meet Mouzz's (Mouzzs) room mates.

These are cockatiels, for those who are not bird savvy. On the left we have Seven (as in 747) and on the right is Bo(eing). Get it? Boeing and 747? Yeah, well I didn't name them. My friend adopted these two little nutcases about 8 months ago. Not only did he get the birds for free, he got the cages and all their "accessories" for free as well. The original owners had to give them up after having them for SEVEN YEARS because their neighbors were complaining about the noise.

Seven, pictured above, is female while Bo is male. They're not breeders although every now and then Bo will get a twinkle in his eye which results in a lot of squawking and feather flapping on Seven's part. Seven doesn't wanna be tied down to any ol' nest. I've never had birds before and I still don't, these are not MINE, but talk about personality plus. Bo is about as dumb as a box of rocks and is prone to walking in circles, staring at the floor. That's when he's not doing his car alarm impressions. Seven is a sneaky little minx and very opinionated. But then, she's a female.

Tomorrow night, a blankie update! Exciting! Wow!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's Mouzz's Room Mates.
    's shows possession.
    s alone means more than one Mouzz,
    or Mouzzes in this case.

    You are welcome.

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Mouzz's Mates. Yup.

    And more knitting?! How ever will we cope? ;o)

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I'm thinking that "Mouzz's" is the right way to go. In general, the apostrophe shows possession and you only have to get weird about it if there is an "s" at the end of the word or a rogue plural situation.

    Grammar is not my strong point, though. I loves me some comma splices and whatnot...

    What cute little birdies! Birds have great personalities and make wonderful companions. They can be a little loud, though. I'm glad these two found a good home!

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Years ago I had two cockatiels that looked exactly like that. The white one was evil and would fly across the room to attack our hair, while the sweet grey one was incredibly lovey dovey. I loved them, but they certainly can be loud.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    definitely 's unless there's more than one mouzz

     

Post a Comment

<< Home