The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

I Have Small Balls

Yes! Yes, I do! Look, you can see them right here!

This is what happens when you decide to make a Sock Yarn Blanket out of only Koigu. You realize you don't have nearly as much Koigu as you thought you did and you need to purchase MORE. Enter Yarn Expressions, my new favorite online yarn store, that sells Koigu mill ends! Praise God for mill ends. For the price of two full skeins of Koigu you can get five mini skeins and have more colors to play with. I'm quite sure I've now died and gone to heaven. We're missing a picture of skein number five because a rogue skein of Kersti snuck into my bag and as beautiful as it might be, Kersti is heavier than the ol' Koigu KPPPM.

So I Rav-mailed the owner of Yarn Expressions and within an hour more mills ends were in the mail to me and I was told to just keep the Kersti. Customer service with a capital C if you ask me. Yarn Expressions sells full skeins of lots of other yarns as well so if you're in the market for more yarn, and who isn't, I quite heartily recommend them. Yay, The Koigu Blankie Of Love continues!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very yummy!

    Most of my koigu is orange, what a surprise!

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    About how many yards in each mini skein?

    ::has thoughts about Neatnik sized socks::

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger yarnpiggy said…

    Lovely!

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger knittingsandwich said…

    a sock yarn blanket of only koigu is going to be AMAZING! have fun!

    and I agree- meg at yarn expressions is wonderful. amazing customer service!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Bloglines missed a bunch of your updates and gave 'em to me all at once last night, so I have to respond to three postings at once!

    And so:
    1) I think acrylic is fine for blankets and Vanna's Choice is a fairly good one. What stitch pattern did you use on those afghans? So pretty!

    2) I am really mad at myself for missing your birthday :-( but that doesn't help you much.

    3) It's Mouzz's mates, but I think you already got that.

    4) I'm very excited that you're making a Koigu blanket. I sent some sock yarn scraps to a woman who was making a sock yarn blanket a couple of years ago and it turned out awesome! I only wish I had some Koigu scraps to send you, but it turns out I've never knitted with Koigu... Never knitted with Socks that Rock either, but I have some thanks to you, and I'm planning to knit it up soon. Mmmm..

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Small balls are economical and take up less space. That is a good thing.

    So is that blankie!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    pressie for you over on my blog!

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your balls may be small, but they sure are pretty :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home