The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Don't Rush Me!

Yesterday I received my AARP card in the mail. The AARP card is for people 50 and over. I am NOT 50. I will not be 50 for another six months. 180 days. What's the rush? I have no desire to be 50. I can't even imagine myself as being 50. For Petey sakes I haven't even started SAVING for retirement. I thought that's what the lottery was for! It's bad enough that I've already started uttering, "Kids these days!", now they want to give me a card that actually proclaims I'm old? Who's idea was this? Bah humbug and get the hell off my lawn.

Let us all hasten the arrival of fall by looking at what is clearly a piece of fall clothing. The infamous Noro Striped Scarf. I actually finished this in April but since I seemed to be observing blog silence since March I don't think I ever posted it. Boring pattern, lovely result. This is one squishy scarf. Of course I will never wear it since California doesn't really lend itself to the wearing of scarves. Maybe I'll give it away. Anyone need a scarf?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    I got one the week I turned 30. I hate those AARP bastids.

    Nice scarf.

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I think it looks lovely.

    Think of the AARP note as an invitation to a cool club and that they really care about wether or not April joins.

    Didn't work for you?

    Nah, I guess not. :: dodges flying crockery ::

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is a perfectly lovely looking scarf. Nice gender neutral colors. I can think of an organization that would put that scarf to very good use. So, the scarf is not red, the Red Scarf project would love it anyway!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I got my AARP card when I turned 40. That seemed mean to me. Very mean and also not funny.

    I think that California has some definite scarf moments. Sometimes it rains and the sun goes away. Or you need something to cover your mouth and nose during fire season. I can think of a million reasons to wear a scarf no matter where you live!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home