The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Slipper Mania

Post. Don't post. Post. Don't Post. This blog has turned into a revolving door. Here I go for the 8 millionth time trying to restart it. It's pathetic, I know.

It's all about the slippers here at Chez Insanity. I belong to the Pine Ridge Elders group (the best group on Yahoo groups) and we're doing a big push for slipper production for the end of this month. One of our members will be traveling from Texas to S. Dakota in September with a U-Haul filled with stuff for Pine Ridge. So we all need to get our slippers made and mailed by July 31st. Why, there's even a contest! Make a pair of slippers, mail it by the 31st and get one raffle ticket for a $25.00 gift certificate to any online store of your choosing that offers gift certificates. I do believe I am the one running that contest. Anyway, if you're looking for an outlet for your charitable good deeds, I highly recommend the Pine Ridge Elders group on Yahoo.

Did I say it was all about the slippers? Ha! It's all about the slippers and the RATS. That's my life, slippers and rats. I'm not really sure what that says about me but there you have it. At last count I was sharing my very small apartment with 15, count 'em, 15 rats.

See, I got this really great idea that if I started calling myself a SANCTUARY then people couldn't look at me funny if I had more than just a few rats. I even got business cards to make it sound more official. To the best of my knowledge, hoarders don't have business cards. And I set up a web site. It's not quite done yet because, hey, I have a lot of cages to clean. Plus, if you have say ... 15 rats ... that's more than 2 weeks of blog fodder.

So let's meet a rat, shall we?!?

Here's Mole! Actually Mole doesn't belong to me, she belongs to my friend who gets all the rats that don't work out at my place. ANYWAY. Mole is about 6 months old now and she's obviously a hairless rat. And is she cute or what? Look at that widdle face! She looks like someone's grandfather. Mole lives with Tweak and Adrian and is still kinda shy. I myself have two hairless rats, Minerva and Sybil. They're sisters and two years old and I sadly, have no pictures yet. Soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Too funny. A sanctuary.

    Welcome back. Come visit sometime.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home