The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Odds And Ends

I don't have much of anything today. Although I did manage to finish Waffle Scarf #1. It's always nice when you can make a scarf in less than a week. Pictures tomorrow of the world's longest green waffle. I've spent part of the day trying to find my next scarf pattern. I bought a pattern for a crocheted cable scarf but man, oh man, that's some complicated stuff making cables with crochet. I need thick and I need fast. Hey, that sounds like this guy ... Whoops, let's not go there. Anyway, I looked all through Ravelry and Crochet Pattern Central. I found one pattern for something called the "Swashbuckling Scarf." It says to crochet until "scarf is 140 inches." Is that a typo? I'm not making any 140 inch long scarf, I can tell you that much.

In other news, here is the Quote Of The Day from Anita - "The reason I walk into things so often is because my spirit isn't within my body. It's actually above my head and to the right. So that means I'm always out of sync."

Carrying on, Celeste The Possessed tried to bite off Evan's entire ear tonight. I really wish I didn't own that rat. I tried to watch "Giant" over the weekend which stars Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor. Did you know that movie is 3 1/2 hours LONG? I watched the first hour and a half and then it just ended. And I thought to myself, "My, that was a strange note to end on. I wonder why they're not showing the credits now." Yeah, it took me about 20 minutes to realize that I had to flip the DVD over. I'm not always the quickest Canadian in the igloo. Umm, what else? Oh, I'm trying to take Friday off but my boss says I need to give him two weeks notice to take an ENTIRE DAY OFF. I feel as though I'm coming down with the flu. Do I look pale to you? I feel pale.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:34 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Perhaps it was supposed to be 140cm?

    You do look pale but then Canadians always do ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home