The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Number Five

My apologies for this craptastic picture. This is what happens when you take scarf pictures at 10:30 at night. Not to mention that the batteries were dying in my camera. Where the heck have all my batteries gone? I know I had a jar full of AA batteries and now the jar is empty. This is rather perplexing. Of course, the likely culprit is Andy.

Anyway, details about the scarf. Once again we're looking at another Sweet Guy Scarf which is my current pattern obsession. This is scarf number five of a planned 25. Can I really make 25 scarves by December 15th? Well, let's do the math, said the accountant. There are a measly 113 days between today and the 15th. Divided by 20 (the number left to make), this means I need to complete a scarf every five days. I think that's doable, don't you? A Sweet Guy Scarf takes at the most three days, especially since I now know how to weave in my ends while I'm crocheting. Which delights me to no end. So yeah, I think I can do this.

In other news it was flippin' HOT here yesterday. 102 degrees. I refused to go to bed until it was 70 degrees but I crashed at 78. I know I shouldn't complain because it's been a fantastic summer so far and back East I understand it's been miserable. But I do hate to sweat. Especially since it slows down scarf production.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Wow churning out a scarf every three days?! The wonder of crochet, I suppose.

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    As the weather cools, soon I hope, working on your scarf could become much more pleasant!! I hope you meet your gaol!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home