The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, October 15, 2010

At Last ...

A picture that wasn't taken six months ago. Behold the Head Eating Hat! Poor Lydia has totally disappeared off the radar. Mind you, she does have a rather small head but still.

I tried to take a picture of myself in the mirror wearing this but I had a ridiculous look on my face in every shot. It's pretty bad when you're the photographer and you can't get a decent picture of yourself. I started another hat last night. Only this time I'm using an "H" hook. I'm hoping it will be big enough to fit someone but when it comes to me and crocheting hats it's a total crapshoot. I want to get this pattern perfected though so I can make a hat or two for the Hats For Sailors drive. I spent a lot of time out on the water when I lived in the Old Country and I know how freakin' cold it can get out there. And even though I hate this whole war business I still have an immense respect and a heck of a lot of gratitude for the people who willingly put their lives on the line every day.

This weekend I am going up against another lady in my Pine Ridge Elders group (best group on the Innernets!) to see who can make the most crocheted squares in like 48 hours. This particular individual already did a squares challenge earlier this week so she's all primed and ready to go. The lady she was competing against made 163 squares between Monday morning and Wednesday night. Can you even IMAGINE? I'm hoping to make 20. Maybe. Hopefully.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    What a phenomenal square count! :O

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I tend to size hats small. Probably because I have such a pinhead myself. Oh well...

    Good luck on the square count. I'll be cheerin' for ya! (my cheer will be "BOOSIS!!!" because that is my verification word. Just so you know.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home