The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

One Down, 51 To Go

Five days into the New Year and hat number one is done! I finished this last night at Knit Night. My apologies to Melissa and Cindy for not bringing my knitting bag with me and having to borrow uhhh ... stitch markers ... a pen ... scissors ... a darning needle. I mean really, how hopeless can one be? Anyway, this is Ellen's Knit Hat knit in Wool-Ease (of course). Originally it was going to be for The Ship's Project. Until I was half way finished, checked the FAQ for the The Ship's Project and read, "No solid gray hats." So off to the Rez it will go.

Today I am taking the boyfriend to court so he can sort out some child support crap. This trip will be fraught with peril. Not because he's going to jail or anything but because, two doors down from the courthouse, is where North Star Rescue is keeping 1,000 rats that they rescued from a hoarder in Southern California who is actually being featured on that A&E show. I have seen pictures of some of the rats in residence. They are beyond adorable. There is a maternity ward. With baby ratties. Baby ratties are cuter than kittens. Have I mentioned one of my New Year's resolutions was no more animal adoptions? I think that if I were to enter the building my head would explode. Wish me luck in finding the strength to go straight from the courthouse to my car.

We can always hope.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Good luck on all counts!

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Bay ratties, ho0w cute is that?? I am like you, I often turn up to knitting missing a needle or a pencil in spite of trying to be organised!

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My pleasure to be part of your early hat success.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home