The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hey Meret

OMG, I actually blocked something!!!

Yeah, I'm surprised too. This is Meret from Woolly Wormhead. If you're not familiar with the name Woolly Wormhead, she is an amazing hat designer who has something like 140 designs on Ravelry. Meret shows up in 3500 queues. I'm a little late getting on this particular bandwagon.

I used Stonehedge Fiber Mill's Shepherd's Wool to make this. It's 100% wool and goes for the princely sum of $10.00 or thereabouts at Green Planet Yarn. 250 yards. It's a great deal. And it comes in lots of pretty colors. I wish all the little eyelets showed up better but I need a bigger blocking plate. Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this pattern from start to finish. Which was good, considering how many times I had to tink back. It's been a while since I've done any lace knitting.

But here is my dilemma. Normally I make hats for the Rez. But they don't especially want lacy berets. Little cold there. I won't wear it. I don't wear hats, I just make them. So is there anyone out there in the Internets who would like a purple lacy beret? Anyone? Free of course. Leave a comment if you want it. Seriously.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home