The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Successful Stew

This food photography - not so easy. Going by the picture below you might be led to believe I've started eating dog food. Fear not. It's actually Slow Cooker Beef Stew. And it was good. Very good.

Beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic and peas, num, num, num. I incorporated a number of suggestions from other people who had already made the recipe but next time I think I'll just prepare the recipe as it was exactly written. The only complaint I have is that it was a bit salty. But that may have been because I added a packet of McCormick's Slow Cooker Beef Stew seasoning as per one person's suggestion. I don't really care for those instant seasoning thingers, I always wonder what's REALLY in them.

Regardless, I managed to eat the entire pot over the course of a few days. Well not the ENTIRE pot - the ratties like beef stew too, ya know. I think this weekend might be chili weekend. Or maybe split pea soup. My Allrecipes queue is starting to rival my Ravelry queue.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:12 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Your stew look so yummy!! Well doe.
    I too wonder what is in those meal sachet things. I try to avoid them, though I do use bought liquid stock.
    Those ratties are Very Lucky!!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That recipe is a favorite in my Allrecipes queue. I did it as written and it wasn't too salty. I am glad you like it, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home