The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Seeing Triple

I wonder if you scrolled really fast, whether you'd think these three pictures were the exact same hat?

I wouldn't be surprised if you did. After all, they're all the same pattern, they're all in Wool-Ease and they're all modeled by Maybe Bruce on top of a rat cage. I'm sure it's good to be consistent in same areas of one's life but knitting? Kinda dull. But productive! And productive is the name of the game when it comes to charity knitting. Followed closely by "machine washable."

In other knitting news I am contemplating joining this KAL. I haven't really jumped on the "Shawlette Bandwagon" yet but this one promises cables. I love me some cables. Actually I did knit a shawlette once and then gave it to a friend to block. And she lost it. How sad.

Speaking of sad, I was reading a new to me blog and the woman who writes the blog lost her husband in a motor vehicle accident a short while ago. She posted a picture on her blog of her husband lying in his casket with her children around it crying. Now I know I announce all my rattie deaths on my blog and I freely admit I use this blog as a personal diary but I wonder if that kind of crosses the line. I mean it's her blog, she can post what she wants but that just struck me as maybe a bit too personal for a blog. Something to think about on an overcast Monday.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I'm creeped out without even visiting said blog.

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Dave Daniels said…

    That's a cute assortment of hats. You're on your way to your goal now.
    When my step mom passed, her daughters all wanted us to pose around her open casket for family pictures. I refused. You KNOW those will end up on one of those wacky family websites in the future! Plus, it's just plain gross.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home