The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, May 02, 2011

There Are Days ...

... when I am sure I must be the Grim Reaper of the Rodent World.

Tinky left us this evening. It wasn't unexpected; she has been slowing down for the last month or so. But it was only a week ago that she dragged a huge steak bone into her hammock and settled in for a feast. If nothing else, rats teach us to live each moment to the fullest.

Tinker Toy came to live at my house at the end of December '09. She was already a year old when I adopted her from San Francisco Animal Care & Control. Her first year hadn't been all sweetness and light, she was a surrender from a known backyard breeder. Tinky was a taster. She needed to know what flavor your eyebrows were. What about the inside of your nose? Ears were a particular favorite. She was a bitey girl but I loved her anyway.

In the time that she was with me, she had two husbands. Tinky lived with Phil until he passed away then she moved in with Brill. They were ridiculously smitten with each other. More often than not, you'd find them spooning in their hammock with Brill's little arm over her shoulder. The next few days won't be easy for either of us. R.I.P. Tinky Winky, you were much loved.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home