The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, May 06, 2011

FO Friday: The Evil Edition

I'm not sure why I've never read any H.P. Lovecraft. Stephen King is my idol, followed closely by Robert McCammon. I *love* horror. But no Lovecraft. So when my boyfriend asked me to make him a Cthulhu, I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. But thanks to the magic of Ravelry, I was able to find a pattern. Thank God for Ravelry

I took this from the Wikipedia entry for Cthulhu: "Cthulhu is the high priest to the Great Old Ones. It also is one of the central figures of the Lovecraft Mythos. It is often cited for the extreme descriptions given of its hideous appearance, its gargantuan size, and the abject terror that it evokes."

Are you quivering in terror at the sight of my latest amigurumi? Heart racing? Knees knocking? Having trouble breathing? Are you AFRAID?

Hmm, maybe it's the Red Heart Super Saver neon green yarn I constructed him from that's the reason for the lack of terror. Or perhaps his roly poly body. Or his slightly mismatched wings. Stupid wings.

What about the side view? Doesn't he look as though he's about to spring into the air and wreck havoc upon the world? Is he not the Osama Bin Laden of amigurumi? Work with me here people! OK, I give up. Don't blame me if you sleep with one eye open tonight. And while you're watching nervously over your shoulder check out more Friday FO's over at Tami's Amis. Tell her The Mighty Cthulhu sent you.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He is super cute! Lol, I too, hate wings, they are the worst. Great work!

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Tami Klockau said…

    I am literally shaking in my boots. I won't be able to think of anything else today, constantly checking over my shoulder. LOLOLOL Awesome job!

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Spinster Beth said…

    EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEkKKK!!!!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I am afraid of horror, I avoid it like the plague. Such a cute little High Priest of The Old Ones!!

     
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Carole said…

    Very cute, way too cute to be scary!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home