The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Then Sad

Presenting Commander Ribbit from the Alien Frog Army. Fun, easy, fun, easy, fun, easy. I love Commander Ribbit. He was crocheted using the Purple Best Bud (Ravelry link) pattern. And guess what? There's only ONE thing I don't like about my little creation. His head is a bit wobbly. But I can live with that. Sort of.

I'm going to make him again and rework the pattern so that the body and the head are all in one piece. That was how the Cthulhu I made was constructed and it just makes so much more sense to have one piece instead of two. We'll see how that goes.

On a sad note, Judy Chicken, who wasn't really a chicken but was actually a wonderful rat, passed away last night. Judy Chicken and her sister Fuzzlet One came to me from the Humane Society a year ago. Fuzzlet One passed away a few months ago but Judy hung in there until she turned three.

I don't know why I don't have any pictures of her but she was a patchwork hairless. Meaning she had little tufts of fur scattered over her mostly hairless body. She and Fuzzlet One were identical twins which taught me a valuable lesson. It is very hard to bond with rats if you can't tell them apart. It wasn't until after Fuzzlet passed that I realized what a character and a love bug little Judy was. I hope she's happy to be reunited with her sister, I'm going to miss her a lot.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Judy will be missed, but I'm betting she is with her sister now and happy. RIP, JC.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Sad to read about Judy Chicken, she sounds like a very spirited Rattie!!

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger pinkundine said…

    He is just awesome, I love him. Sorry to hear about Judy though :(

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Stacey said…

    So cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home