The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, July 11, 2011

What Where Huh

I have no idea where I've been but I think there have been children involved. The boyfriend has a new job that requires him to work three nights a week until 8:00. His 10 y.o. son has also moved in with him. Son goes off to day care during the afternoon and then I pick him up when I get off work and we go hang out at dad's house until dad gets home. This is kinda sorta OK since the boyfriend has cable and I don't but still ... there were many reasons I didn't have children and I am reminded of those on a regular basis. Moving on.

Babysitting also allows for a lot of crafting time. This is the Baby Snow Dragon (Ravelry link) or as I refer to her, Boobie, The Breast Cancer Awareness Dragon. She was a pain in the butt to make and I'm very surprised I finished her. Not because of any problems with the pattern but because my finishing skills are still kind of sucky. She looks alright from far away and hopefully no one will try and lift her by her head.

This is ... wait for it ... a PANDA. I made this for a co-worker's daughter. It was super easy but man alive, I never wanna crochet with black yarn again. Unless of course, someone wants to give me a new pair of eyes.

Finally if you're looking for a new charity to craft for check out Kyla's website, Knitting For Charity. If you sign up, she'll send you an email every Monday alerting you about current needs. Right now it's all about the tornado victims in the South and the people in Japan who are still trying to put their lives back together. Remember, what goes around comes around.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:19 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The dragon is cute bu tthe "panda" reminds me of early 80s video game graphics.

     
  • At 1:53 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh the Dragon is lovely and the panda is sooo cute!! I think they are beautifully finished off!!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Spinster Beth said…

    Oh I can't stand working with dark yarn! It's just impossible ... makes me want to jab myself with the needle. The panda is adorable, though!

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger pinkundine said…

    They're both gorgeous :) Love the pink dragon, and the panda is adorable!

     
  • At 1:57 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    clever clever girl ... if you keep this up you'll lose your Anti-finisher title

     

Post a Comment

<< Home