The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Red Wine, A Full Moon ...

... and I join the ranks of the tattooed. Actually I'd been mulling this idea over for more than a year and this just seemed to be the time to do it.

Rattie feets. Is anyone surprised? And it's front and center on my outer right wrist. I think this proclaims to the world, "I am a Crazy Rat Lady." I will admit though that I had serious tattoo-ers remorse after getting it. It's a bit bigger than I wanted. When the tattoo guy said, "Do you want it about the size of a quarter?" I thought he was talking about both feet together. No. Each foot is about the size of a quarter. Clearly, I am not well versed in the ways of the tattoo world. But guess what? Like it or not, I'm stuck with it. Maybe as I get older it will shrink.

In other rat news, little Simone passed away the same night I was getting this tattoo. Unfortunately I have no pictures to share of her since I hadn't had her that long. The vet and I think she must have had a stroke, based on her behavior. Simone was one of the A&E Hoarder rats so she may not have been the healthiest rat in the world. She is much missed by all the ratties, especially her constant companion, Buggy. R.I.P. Simone, you were well loved.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I think it is fate that you were being tattooed as Simone died. You will always remember her. You are brave to have tattoo, how big is a quarter??? If I ever had a tattoo, which I mustn't, it would be green paw prints!!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    They almost look like when preschoolers make fingerpaint handprint projects for mom and dad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home