The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A New Year, A New Country

Ahh little blog, how I have neglected you. But here it is a nice and fresh new year so we might as well fire up the pages again. For there is plenty to report and there will be even more to report in the coming months.

First of all, it is no coincidence that I haven't posted since August. Because that was when I opened my Etsy shop. And let me tell you, it's been a freakin' wild ride ever since. I, in my wildest imagination, never expected Meeps to be the hit that they were. In the past four months I have sold over 100 of the little buggers. Crazy or what?

In fact, one woman ordered FOURTEEN of them as Christmas gifts. During November and December it was all I could do to find time to sleep. It didn't help that I took in a pregnant female rat at the beginning of October who a week later popped out nine babies. That was a LOT of work. And then I took in another litter of 8 little five month old boys who needed to be socialized. I think maybe I'm trying to kill myself. Over Christmas and New Year's all I did was sit on the couch and stare at the ceiling.

But the big news ... the really BIG news ... is that in 46 days I will be moving back to Canada. For good. I am giving up all my worldly possessions, packing up the ratties and heading North. To say I'm excited is the understatement of the year. Of course I have so much to do between now and then that it makes my brain hurt but it's something that is long, long, long overdue. In my almost sixteen years in California I don't think a day has passed that I haven't wished I was home. You can take the girl out of Canada but you can't take the Canadian out of the girl. So it's very important to me that I chronicle this little adventure. And what better place to do it than the ol' blog?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:18 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh I am glad your Meeps were a hit and that you have had happy Ratties influxes and a good rest at last. There is no place like home.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    I wish you well and hope you keep in touch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home