The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Room Number One

I've got a plan. There are five more Sundays before I go back to Canada. There are four rooms in my apartment. That means I only have to work on one room a week and on the fifth Sunday, after I collapse from exhaustion, I can move everything I'm keeping into a storage locker. Tomorrow is the bedroom. Because I need to get the worst room done first

Every time I look in the bedroom I think to myself, "There's no way I'm moving to Canada if I have to go through all this." My tiny little bedroom is also my yarn room. And my fabric room. And where I keep all my books on writing as well as everything I've ever written. Not to mention my clothes. All the rat supplies. And financial records. It's a nighmare. Truly.

When I look at my bedroom I solemnly promise myself to never live in one place for 8 years again. Or to start having an "annual purge." Fortunately I have a home for all my yarn - I'm donating it all to my friend Cindy's church group. You didn't think I was taking it all with me, did you? Nope. Nor am I paying for storage space for it. It's going. Along with all my knitting books and binders full of patterns. When it comes to getting rid of stuff, I am RELENTLESS.

In other news, I continue to torment myself with looking at apartments in Vancouver that I am in no position to rent. Like this little number.

For the low, low price of $900 a month you too can rent this apartment in beautiful downtown Vancouver. Wanna see more pictures? Hey, guess what! There are none because this is the ENTIRE apartment. Except for the bathroom. Now I've lived in some really small apartments but I think this would even drive me stir crazy. Mind you, if you positioned things right you could grab things outta the fridge without even getting out of bed. And NO PETS. Which makes sense since where the hell would you put the litter box?

The more I think about it, the more I come to realize that my days of downtown living are behind me. *Sigh*

3 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's only been from reading blogs that I've really realized how ridiculous Vancouver housing prices are. It's one thing to say "2million dollar teardown" and another to realize that the rest of the continent thinks you're nuts. Because when this is the only place you've lived, you get used to it.

    You might find a pet friendly place in Kitsilano or South Granville...I know when we were looking a few years ago there was a building near VGH that accepted cats. And my friends live in a basement suite in Kits that allows cats and dogs.

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Good luck with your relentlessness and organisation.
    OK, that's a hugely expensive room. I don't think I could fit all my books in there, let alone anything else.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    Thank you for the yarn donations! They will all go to good use and keep a lot of very special little people warm and cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home