The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hello Granny

I have come to a decision. I am going to make 365 six inch granny squares. Hopefully all different. Now if we take the standard size of a twin bed, which is 39" X 75" (thanks, Wikipedia, glad to see you're back up and running today) that would be enough granny squares to make four blankies or thereabouts. That would be quite the accomplishment. Here's the first square on my epic undertaking.

This is the Flower Granny Square which I think we can all agree is a rather appropriate name. I used Simply Soft in Dark Sage and Sage with a G hook. It came out at five inches exactly. So already I'm running an inch short of my daily goal. If I'd used an H hook I probably would have gotten six inches. If you decide you'd like to make this square please note that there's an error in the pattern. Of course there is, I'm incapable of choosing a crochet pattern that is completely correct. Anyway, row 2 should read: Ch3, 1 dc in same stitch as ch 3, Ch3, * 2 dc, ch 3* 7 times more (8 dc groups). Join with a sl st in top of ch-3. OK, I'm off to find today's granny square pattern. Stay tuned for more granny square madness!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:41 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh how beautiful!!! Glad you could work out the pattern.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home