The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Books, Books And More Books

The bedroom is 95% done! And it only took me four and a half hours to do it. Plus multiple trips to the dumpster downstairs and one quick trip across the street to Lunardi's to buy another box of garbage bags. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Still not something I'd want to do on a regular basis. I still need to go through my clothes and get rid of things I know will never fit again. But yes, the main obstacle to moving out of my apartment is now over with.

And then there's the "book issue". My little apartment at one time contained over 700 books. But over the last six weeks or so I've been whittling away at them by donating them to an organization called Reading Tree. They have big blue boxes all over the Bay Area and you just dump your books in them and away you go. Two or three times a week I'd fill up a grocery bag or two and drop some books off.

To date I've dropped off 299 books. And I have six grocery bags at home filled with the next lot to drop off. I'm capable of throwing away just about anything but books? No way. There's no way I could toss books. But thanks to Reading Tree there is light at the end of the book tunnel.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:39 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Well done, and no, I can't just throw away a book either.

     
  • At 3:05 AM, Blogger Bina Simon said…

    You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    skip bin hire brisbane
    skip bin hire darra

     

Post a Comment

<< Home