The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Knit, Knit, Knit

It may surprise some of you to hear that I have not been spending all my free time sitting in a goat pen. Oh no. Not even.

For at this very moment I am embroiled in the bitterest of conflicts, the height of subterfuge, the pinnacle of mortal combat. I am participating in ...

SOCK WARS 2006



Behold, my first weapon! Knit secretly on Debbie Bliss Merino DK, using my arsenal of US 5 DPN's this is the SOCK OF DOOM. OK, so maybe pink isn't a very doom-like color but work with me here. This battle has been a struggle from the get go. First, well ... I forgot I signed up. Then my dossier with the pattern and my target was five days late getting to me. Something about a hurricane in the north of England? I don't know. But once I got my troops lined up we were off and running. As I finished the heel I realized I had taken a different route from the original plan of attack and had to call in my Five Star General, trek, for technical assistance.

I've now completed the ribbing on my second weapon and am desperately hoping to launch my offensive before my assassin tracks me down. Wish me luck, comrades, it's a messy business this war stuffs.

Awaiting my return from battle is this little bit of loveliness ...


"Duck Season" (will the killing never end?) from Fearless Fibers. In a light worsted weight, or alternatively, a heavy DK weight. I'm going to use it to make more Socks of Doom because frankly, this pattern kicks serious buttage. The more observant of you will notice that I have willingly purchased a yarn containing both blue AND brown. And we all know that brown plus blue equals ewwww. But not when it's a representation of nature, as in Mallard Ducks. That's April Logic for you.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Duck Hunting? I can picture you hunting ducks, but with a camera, not a gun. (Srota like hunting men I suppose.)
    That's alotta yarn there.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Wow, I got a promotion! I think the sock looks great - hope you launch it soon.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger aija said…

    What you talking about Willis?! Blue y brown is ROCK. :)

    (Good luck not getting kilz0red!)

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Godspeed, soldier!! War is heck...

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Susan Wike said…

    I'm jealous of you! I've always wanted a goat or two or ten. They are just the cutest, most agreeable animals on the planet.
    Have fun with them. (actually we hope to be moving to a 5 acre place...I wonder how some goats would be in the back yard....)

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Ooh! I did not know that you were Warrin' De Sock. {ow} {I can't actually believe I just said that} Er, anyway, your sock looks much better than the lame socks my poor victim got, which are pretty much twice the size of her feet. Good shootin'!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, may the best, uh, sock win! BTW, I'm not ashamed to admit (well, maybe a little ashamed), but I like brown and blue together (but it has to be the right brown and the right blue), and I've even been known to wear said color combination to work. Like this past Monday. Yes, there, it's out in the open.

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home