The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ren Faire, Yarn, Blah, Blah, Blah

OK, where the heck do I begin? Have you ever had one of this weekends that were just a whirlwind of activity. Here at the Weaving Inn that doesn't happen very often, let me tell you. Let's work backwards.
Today I went to the Renaissance Faire with a friend. I was dressed (and thank God there are no pictures) as a pirate. I make a much better pirate than a buxom serving wench which seemed to be the only alternative. We saw jousting ...


We also saw a leper (ick) ...


I saw a Woodsman. Lordy these people go all out with the costumes, let me tell you. And this stuff isn't cheap either. The costumes I mean, I'm not sure if the Woodsman was cheap or not.


And we saw a Rocking Horse that I dearly wanted to take home. But since it was almost as big as my car I had to leave it at the Faire.


I also saw Queen Elizabeth I who looked remarkably well for being 500+ years old. All in all it was a very fun day but my little feets are very sore.

Also today was the installation of the $275 refurbished Dell computer. Which is runnin' like a hot damn, thank you very much. And a visit to my goats.

Which brings me to yesterday. Moving day. Stanton and Leland were relocated to their permanent pen after being in the Isolation Stall. My goat herding skills? Not so good. Have you ever tried to catch a goat that didn't want to be caught? Damn, those things are fast. And scream? Oh my Lord, you would have thought I was chopping off goat heads or something.

Then, as I finally sit down in their pen to relax, Stanton vaults himself across the pen, lands in my lap and knocks me off my stool. Looks me in the face, goes "baaaaaah" and saunters away. AND I come to find out today that last night after I left the little monster got out of his pen and it took three people to catch him. Who's idea was it to get goats anyway?

Friday was yarn day. Happy, happy, glorious yarn day.

OK, so for some reason Blogger doesn't want to upload my beautiful yarn pictures. I'll post about yarn tomorrow. Stupid Blogger.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    please put a camera in the goat pen,
    they are going to provide so much entertainment.

    sounds like a great weekend,
    a pirate,
    hmmm, would like photos, please.
    Lindy

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to the 12st century! How does the new computer feel? You're in for some FAST fun now.
    The Faire? Not really a fan. I've helped costume people for it over the years, so you get sorta tired of it.

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Sounds like you had a really great weekend. Well, except for being tackled by a baby goat. Can't wait to see the yarn photos.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger soapy said…

    what a great rocking horse!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home