The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Southbound Lane

No pics. Feel free to shoot me. Actually ... please ... shoot me. Put me out of the misery of trying to settle my Mother's affairs.

Here at April's Money Tree we've had a slight change of plans.

Tomorrow evening, after I have picked up my Mom's ashes and settled her final two accounts, I'm getting in my little car and heading back to San Jose. For good. There will be no return trip to Canada. My brother is taking ownership of my Mom's apartment and the care and feeding of Trouble.

And as he's doing that I will be striving to put as many miles as I can between myself and him.

There's your serving of dirty laundry for the day. Posting will resume when I return to the land of sanity. I'm fully expecting all of you Americans to welcome me back with open arms.

10 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back! Are you going back to a job or will you be job searching now, too?

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Oh April, I'm sorry you have to deal with that during this time. Of course you'll be welcome; I'm sure we'll rally a rotten fruit parade for your brother in the meantime.

     
  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    So your brother is being shitty!
    The time with your mom was important for you,
    the time with your brother isn't.
    We care about you, have a safe trip.
    You'll be home with your babies soon.
    Big Hugs
    Lindy

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're always welcome back. (And, I don't think anyone wanted you to go!) Will you be able to bring each of us a fish 'n' chips platter?
    I hope your drive is scenic and relaxing. Talk to you when you get back.(Do you still have an apartment, and will your job take you back?)

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Have to ask about the job, too. They didn't want you to leave, are they still going to have your position for you. Andy can't wait to see you. Welcome home to the good old USA and the great state of California.

    Oh, A-priiil,
    We won't cry for you
    You're goin' to California
    Your kitties for to see!

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Oh man... hugs on the whole darn thing. Big hugs.

    And yes, America welcomes you back. We need all the Canucks we can get, to balance our own insanity.

    We need all the knitters we can get, too.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger soapy said…

    {{sending you some hugs}} so much to deal with

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    Im glad to have you back, we missed you at Meetup. =)

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger JustApril said…

    ((((hugs))))

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Have a safe drive... hang in there. We love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home