The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I Miss My Yarn

All my yarn is in California. Along with my beautiful swift that Valerie sent me and my ball winder. I feel like ... half a person. So I went to Michael's tonight because it was the only thing open and bought some Paton's Classic Wool, which is 100% merino. A 100 gram ball for $6.99 CDN, that's not bad. I'm kind of on the charity bandwagon these days in an effort to win points on my Mom's behalf with the Big Guy upstairs. I'm going to use the yarn to make a breast cancer scarf. Pictures tomorrow, really.

In other breaking news I quit my job at the House of Torture today but offered to work from up here until they found someone to replace me. Bonus points to the first person to say I'm irreplaceable. The HR Director wants me to call her tomorrow to "discuss my plans." Which I thought I'd made clear in my e-mail of resignation. Apparently not.

A very BIG thank you to Wendy for hooking me up with the Pet Relocation website, what an absolute Godsend!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Wendy!!!

Speaking of comments, all you yahoos that posted your suggestions about what do with my life, please to send me your snail mail address and please note whether you want a) roving, b) Canadian sock yarn or c) fish 'n chips. My little ol' e-mail address is Sakkasie@hotmail.com . Trek, don't bother sending me your snail mail, I already know it. Dave, I need your address for your roving. Valerie, I can't remember what you wanted in maple sugar, please to re-advise. Let's see, who else can I order around? Hmm, I think that's it. Oh and Lindy, your WAY OVERDUE package for the lace swap which came to Canada with me is going in the mail tomorrow. With my humblest apologies for being a sucky swapper.

Pictures tomorrow! I leave you with ...

A little word of advice from April The Caregiver. When attempting to feed your 70 year old mother a spoonful of raspberries and ice cream the phrase "Here comes the choo-choo" will not go over well. My Mother may not be talking a lot these days but she can still glare with the best of them.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    the fact that mum is still eating is a good thing.
    I will email you for a chat.
    keep doing the good daughter thing, as it really makes a difference to mum.

     
  • At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Here comes the choo-choo..." That just cracks me up!
    That's great you got so much done in a day. The HR folks, I don't get them. Never did. How can they NOT get it, it's clearly spelled out. Duh.
    And the pet relocater thing? Please post about that, that sounds like valuable info.
    Hey, it's fish 'n' chips Friday!! Beer and fish all around!

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    So I guess, "Open the hangar for the airplane" is right out.

    Since you are staying up north, your care package will be sent there instead of California. Monday probably when Neatnik is doing her first day of school. Bwah-ha-ha!!!!!

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hey, I didn't see anyone write that you're irreplaceable, so I'll say it! I feel that way often, since God forbid I take a day off work, and I come back to 70 emails.

    BTW, Here comes the choo-choo?! That's just funny! I can only imagine the look you got!

    Renee

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    What I'm really curious about is just how you're going to go about shipping those fish'n'chips....

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Oooo...Mom must have been quite miffed to glare in the face of ice cream and raspberries! I just can't help but smile whenever ice cream is near! Good luck with the HR (which stands for "how ridiculous", btw) lady.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home