The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 28, 2006

When In Canada

... one should buy Canadian yarn. Or at least yarn imported by a Canadian distributor.

Yes, I brought my camera to Canada. No, my Mother does not have a card reader. I'm off to investigate the local Kinko's tomorrow to see if I can somehow get my photos uploaded. In the interim I'm stealing other people's pictures.

This is Needful Yarns "Piccadilly." It is 54% nylon, 24% acrylic, 20% mohair and 2% lurex. Not the most natural of yarns but I really like it. My Mother happens to live down the street from a yarn shop called "Wool And Wicker." It is a delightful little shop but it's also one of those places that have the yarn stuffed into bins. You know, the kind where if you pull out one ball, the rest of the bin falls out? Yeah, one of those. And their yarns are arranged by color.

But after spending the morning at the hospital with my Mom, I was in need of some yarn therapy. I brought two projects with me to work on but they're both relatively easy. I needed something to get lost in.

This is Fiber Trends "Streaming Leaves Lace" scarf. I'm going to make it in the green colorway of the Piccadilly, number 307 on the thinger card above. I hope it all comes together.

In other news, my brother is leasing me his cat while I'm here. Her name is Lola and she's a roly poly calico with the sweetest personality. Hopefully I'll have pictures tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm not a fan of synthetics, but that #307 looks nice. Are you planning on some for a particular project? And how's your mom feeling? Hope all is well. (It must be if you're out shopping. lol)

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Aw, that is so nice - a kitty lease. Who has your kitties while you are in Canada?

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    a roly ploy calico is the perfvect kitty to lease.
    how is mom?
    Lindy

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    (shh...don't tell anyone. i knit with synthetics, acrylics and the like all the time. i also use the fake white powder in my coffee instead of cream. keep it under your hat...) Kitty leases are a "must" when traveling.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Okay, this is wack. Check out my blog. We are in synchronicity, girl!

    Must be that Secret Pal thang.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hi April, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, and I hope that you and she are doing well. I just moved this weekend (who moves in Texas in August?), and Sam's new digs are positively palatial compared to the old digs. He says hello to Lola. Isn't it nice to have a kitty lease while you're away.

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home