The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, August 11, 2006

98% Cat, 2% Knitting

I need a smaller digital camera. One that will fit in my purse so that I can take fascinating pictures throughout the course of the day. Pictures that will amaze and delight you. But the camera upgrade has to wait for payday, just like everything else. So instead you get pictures of my stupid cats and a sock.

The Supermodel

Miss Hiss

Mr. Yes I'm Really As Stupid As I Look

And the sock. Which is now ready to have heel flappage start. What is it about lace that's so dang addicting? I mean the thrill should wear off after the first completed pattern repeat, right? Not in my world. I don't know what I'm expecting this sock to do. Sing? Dance? Unravel magically on it's own and then re-knit itself? Turn into the sheep it came from? I can't put the stupid thing down. And you can't even really see the pattern. It just looks like a pile of lumpy yarn.

In other news, I've joined "Socks For Soldiers." Since I don't want to turn this blog into a pro war or anti war statement I will simply say that I think it's for a good cause. No one should have cold feet so I am going to knit Big Black Socks. I have my Department of Defense approved pattern and my Department of Defense approved yarn and I'm all ready to start knitting black socks that are ... 14 ... inches ... long. In stockinette stitch. On US size 1's.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!.

I will be increasing my medication accordingly.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I have a nice, compact digital camera, another incorporated into my cell phone and even a mini camera that attaches to my keychain...and I would still fail to snap a picture of a random phoenix buying milk at the 7-11. But pictures of the cats??? Got a million of 'em! Yours are exceptionally blog-worthy. Most cute!

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Quick, get Andy away from the sock before he scoops it up and stashes it into the AKCD like the frist sock bag!

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger aija said…

    DOD approved pattern and yarn, for reals?

    14" feet? Whoa.

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww, such sweet little faces. And a great looking sock you've got going there, too.

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger soapy said…

    have fun witht he new camera! Cute kitty & nice looking sock!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home