The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hurry Mr. Postman!

I am the uninspired knitter. And, apparently, the uninspired blogger. However, there is light at the end of No Inspiration Tunnel. Here we see one of the lights ...


This lovely yarn was designed by Scout (aka Jamie) for the Yarn Harlot's visit to Albuquerque. It's called Harlot's Mums. Appropriate, no? And worshipping at the altar of the Harlot as I do, it's imperative that I own anything related to the Harlot. Well, not like her children or something like that, I'm not gonna go off and steal her children. Sheesh, you people are REEDICKULOUS.

What will this yarn become, the Yarn Gods willing? This.

This, my little pretties, is the Dragon Scale Scarf from The Knitting Zone. I have a thing about dragons.

There is also yarn scheduled to arrive from the artistic genius known as Dave. Which will be transformed, the Yarn Gods willing, into this.

Cat's Cradle Long-Ways Scarf

I may also have purchased a few downloadable sock patterns but I think we've seen enough patterns for now. And for those of you who might be wondering whether I come to work just to use the printer, you would be wrong. I come to pick up my mail too.

Albuquerque. What the hell kind of word is Albuquerque?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heh heh, someone's been doing some armchair shopping. Not to worry, I do the same thing, even the sock-pattern thing, too. I got 4 GREAT patterns this week.

     
  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    Albuquerque: I also love Mozambique...it's fun to say over and over. I have to say that Albuquerque reminds me of Bugs Bunny cartoons (not a bad thing), but isn't as fun to chant as Mozambique :)

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Um, April, you live in the land of hot! What's with all of the scarves?

    :o)

    And don't forget Zimbabwe.

     
  • At 7:12 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Wow, April, both of those patterns are gorgeous! Man, I really have to take up knitting (what with all the free time I have).

    BTW, one of my favorite fun silly words to say is scurvy. Rolls right off the tongue.

    Renee

     
  • At 9:03 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    Wow, I love the Cat's Cradle scarf. Where can I get that pattern?
    I just picked up a skein of silk/mohair in a shop in Mill City up in Marin County (the shop is well worth a visit, by the way), and have been looking for a pattern for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home