The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Monkey, Monkey, Moo

My first job when I moved to the States was at a pet food wholesaler. One of the men I worked, ironically named Andy, was a most unusual individual. Each day he would stand in front of my desk and recite the following poem to me.

Monkey, monkey, moo

Who's a monkey, who?

I'm a monkey,

You're a monkey,

She's a monkey too!

Which might not have been so bad except that Andy did in fact resemble a monkey. So of course each time he sang this little ditty to me I wanted to yell, "Yes, yes you are!" However, being a polite Canadian and all ...

Fast forward 10 years and lookee what I got in the mail today from trek!

A Sock Monkey Sock Bag!!! Go on admit it, this is the cutest thing you've ever seen. I absolutely love it, it's even better than I expected. And all I had to do to get it was arrange a little swapper-roo with the trekster and it became MY BAG. These bags are the greatest. I take my cow bag everywhere with me. It's been to San Francisco, it's been to Santa Cruz, it's been to Los Gatos, it's a very well travelled bag. So what's going in the brand new Sock Monkey Sock Bag?

Sundara "Jaywalkers", thank you very much.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Excellent stripes on the Jays!

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger soapy said…

    Great fun bag! Aren't they very roomy! She does a wonderful job with them!
    Love your jaywalkers too!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The sock monkey bag is DARLING, as are all trekbags. I am holding out hope for a sock monkey DPN case... with the grey sock interior. That would be cooool.

    Meanwhile, your Jaywalkers are looking *GORGEOUS*. Hmm, maybe it's time for me to start my own Sundara Jaywalkers... I am very impressed by the look of these!

    - Yer Pal.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger lexa said…

    Jays are looking good! I haven't tried that pattern yet, but I do have some Lorna's Laces set aside for a pair.

    Love the monkey bag!

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Hehe... I get the monkichi song in my head when I see that bag! I love it! :)

     
  • At 11:49 PM, Blogger April said…

    soapy,

    trek's sock bags are the new must have accessory. my new goal in life is to eventually own them all.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger April said…

    OSP,

    you must make jaywalkers, they're fun! and the sundara, well what can i say other than you have excellent taste. :)

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger April said…

    lexa,

    oooh, lorna's laces, those would be beautiful! go for it!

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home