The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Brown And Blue Equals Ewww

There are a lot of color combinations that I love. Pink and grey. Pale green and lavender. Black and red. But there is one color combination that I detest. And I realize I'm completely in the minority here. In fact, other than myself I don't know of anyone that has such a strong dislike for the combination of these two colors. Of course, I'm talking about blue and brown. It doesn't matter if it's chocolate and navy or tan and sapphire, I just don't. get. it. It is completely beyond me how anyone can look at blue and brown together and think, "Oh doesn't that look nice." This combination seems to be a particular favorite among the male species. However, I take great pride in the fact that in our seven years of marriage, not once did my ex-husband leave the house wearing brown and blue at the same time.

So what exactly was I thinking when I agreed to swap 3 balls of Paintbox yarn for this ball of sock yarn? The only possible excuse I can come up with is that I read the color number wrong. Really wrong. I opened the package and immediately thought, "Oh God, blue and brown." And then I thought, "But hey, it's sock yarn." Followed by, "Yuck, blue and brown." Then, "But I can knit socks with it!" Back and forth I went but the reality of it all is that I will NEVER knit anything from this yarn. It's blue and brown. So if you like the looks of this ball of yarn and would like to knit something from it PLEASE e-mail me. Sakkasie@hotmail.com . PLEASE. It hurts me just to look at it.

We now have Sundara Sock V. 2.0.. But no picture since all I've done is the ribbing, which was changed from K1 P1 to K2 P2, and the first pattern repeat. And the new pattern is ...

Please forgive me for the poor quality of this picture. It's hard to take good pictures of very glossy paper and I realize this picture makes the pattern look like a bowl of oatmeal. But if you own "Sensational Knitted Socks" this is one of the eight stitch patterns. It's kind of a lacey cabley type thinger. It's challenging but not as challenging as the Branching Out scarf was. So I'm sticking with this one. Truly I am. Not changing my mind again. Nope, this is it ...

6 Comments:

  • At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you having a bad sock week or what? First, the cotton isn't working it, now you are faced with blue and brown! You need fiber therapy!

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Aw it isn't a bad yarn.

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    Now you've met another person who feels the same way! I thought I was the only one!

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger April said…

    wendy,

    nothing, absolutely nothing is working out knitting wise this week. the sundara is now telling me she wants to be a lace scarf and not a sock. *sigh*

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    nooo, it's not a bad yarn. there's no such thing as "bad yarn." :)

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger April said…

    marie,

    i knew there was a reason i liked you! well in addition to the 101 other reasons i like you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home