The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hot Yarn

It's hot. Merciful heavens it's hot. I realize everyone in the country is hot but still ... it's hot.

But it's never too hot to knit, is it! Of course it isn't. Especially if you're knitting socks because socks don't sit in your lap and make your legs sweat. Like for example, crocheted blankets and cats.

Anyway, we are underway with the New Sock. My friend, trek the sock guru, came up with the brilliant idea that I should knit a pair of Jaywalkers. Of course I'd heard about Jaywalkers, you can't knit socks without eventually hearing about Grumperina's pattern. But, and this is no exaggeration, everyone in the world has knit Jaywalkers. And because I don't like to do what everyone else is doing (OK, so I finally learned to drive when I was 37), I wasn't going to make them.

However, I was bordering on desperation. The starting of the New Sock was stalled. So I took another look at the Jaywalkers pattern and WOW! No purling! Only 2 rounds of pattern! Heck, I could do this. So I am officially on the Jaywalkers bus. And I'm using my Sundara yarn which is working out very nicely. But I neglected to take a pic so let's just take a look at an old pic of the Sundara and pretend it's the New Sock.

Unfortunately not only do I not have a pic of the New Sock, I don't really have new pics of anything "April Related." So ABRACADABRA my blog is now a shopping mall.

Have you visited Dave's store? Have you read his blog? Have you met Miss Lulu Kitty? If you haven't, you should. Not only do you get to see wonderful pictures of Boston and read funny stories, if you go to his store you get to drool over yarn like this ...

Emerald Isle

And speaking of yarn, here's another favorite, Fearless Fibers. Five skeins of sock yarn, $60.00. Where's my Visa card? No, I didn't order it because as we all know, I am a) on a yarn diet and b) giving up knitting to focus my energies on learning to play the accordion so I can join a Polka band.

Lordy, it's hot.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yes, the new Jay looks lovely (smirking).

    Bought nothing, eh?

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh man, I hear you. It must be cooler in the bay area, I hope. It was 108 here yesterday. The sock yarn came yesterday and I absolutely love it. Thank you so much!

    btw - I just finished my second pair of jaywalkers today. I had second sock syndrome since spring and am happy to finally have a pair.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The heat here in the East has been unbelievable. It was only in the 90's for 2 days, but the humidity has been a killer. The older I get, the less I like this. Maine is looking better and better. Even Miss Lulu Kitty is wilting.
    Stay cool, only a few more weeks until Labor Day!

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    yer a cheeky monkey.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger April said…

    wendy,

    i'm glad you like the yarn. i hope you didn't notice it was blue and brown. haha, i kill myself.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger April said…

    dave,

    it's one thing to be hot and living in Boston, it's another thing completely to be hot and living in the armpit of civilization. trust me.

     
  • At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home