The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Seasonal Confusion

It was hotter than heck here today and the weatherman promises it will get hotter over the weekend. So can someone please explain to me why I am knitting WOOL socks? I am a new sock knitter, why am I not knitting socks that I can wear NOW to show off my newly acquired skill? Instead of socks that I most likely will only wear when I'm home in Canada. Like duh, April.

Enter a ball of Sockotta cotton / wool / something yarn. I had tried knitting socks with this yarn a few months back and hated it. But what I think I hated was the Magic Loop method I was using to knit with. Because now I quite like this yarn. It's not Koiguuuuuuu but it's alright. And I do love the colorway. I'm doing the Cat's Paw pattern and it's dead easy. The pattern repeat is over 10 rounds but only 3 rounds have anything complicated. The other rounds are all knitted, except the first round which is purled. If you squint really hard you can see one of the kitty paws in the bottom left. I just hope all my kitty loving friends don't want a pair.

It would appear I've fallen off my yarn diet.

I am attempting to justify the purchase of this yarn because a) it is the CANADIAN colorway and b) the sellers name was bishopswife so I'm thinking of this as a religious donation. And frankly, this particular colorway is kinda fugly so I'm doing the Yarn Gods a favour by purchasing it. Because I doubt anyone else would. Can you see where it says Canadian on the wrapper? Cool, eh?

eBay would do me a really big favour by going offline every evening say around ... 10. Especially when people are selling yarn like this ...

Bearfoot Mountain / colorway Juniper

The auction has yet to close for this gorgeous skein so it's not mine YET. And it's already at my maximum bid so I doubt I'll get it. But if I do I think it will be made into socks for a Christmas gift. Ha, I'm getting better at this justification thing all the time ...

The other day I mentioned how I occasionally drive to Cosentino's grocery store even though it's across the street from my apartment. Granted I'm usually on my way home from work or running errands. But I'm not going to apologize for being such a lazy butt ever again after today. Because today when I came out of the store two people were getting out of a limousine to do their shopping. And while they were in the store the limo circled the parking lot. Welcome to California.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    And with the price of gas these days, too!

    Cat's Paw, eh? Yet another pattern to put on the ever-expanding list of "I wanna knit them".

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cat socks? Cat SOCKS??? Please?????

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    my picture and none of the pics on the 'Net that i found do the pattern justice. they really do look like kitty paws. i definitely think the Neatnik needs a pair of these.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger April said…

    kerry,

    now serving number 8. *sigh*

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Darn it girl, you're supposed to stay on your yarn diet and let me, Bill Gates, know about your cravings. I can supply them in a more calorie-free fashion... still, I can't blame you on the Bearfoot. That COLOR!

    -- Yer Pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home