The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Colors Of Canada

As shown in the sidebar to the right, the Canadian flag is red and white. Hey, that rhymes! Go me. Canada is known for it's frosty winter climate and lots of snow. Snow is white. The prairie provinces, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba produce a phenomenal amount of wheat. Wheat is golden. Canada, especially B.C., has many trees. They are lovely shades of green. There are many lakes and rivers in Canada. And Canada sits happily between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans. Oceans, lakes and rivers are blue. The national animal of Canada is the beaver. A beaver is brown. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police dress in uniforms of brilliant red. Hockey pucks are black. These are the colors of Canada. This is not.

What colors do we have here? Well we have purple. We have orange. We have olive green. This is not Canada - this is an explosion in a 1970's rec room. As God is my witness, these are not the colors I saw in the photo on eBay. I sincerely apologize if this is someone's favorite colorway but in my most humble opinion, this yarn is hideous. I am almost tempted to knit it up just to see if it really is that ugly. *Almost.* You want it? You got it. The faster the better.

Sundara Jaywalker #1 has now had it's heel turned. I love everything about this pattern except for those dang double decreases. They're fiddly, they're hard to do and they make my neck hurt. So as much as I like the look of Jaywalkers I probably won't knit another pair. I tried to cast on for trek's Grown Up Wonky Lace socks tonight but umm, I don't have a clue how you knit garter stitch in the round. Duh.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So that is Alberta colorway, this color http://mamaofpurl.blogspirit.com/images/medium_100_2590.jpg

    It is definately a funky color.

    Garter stitch in the round is 1 round of knit and then 1 round of purl. :)

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    What Wendy said.
    Um, the yarn does look like a flash back to the 70s.
    I like the Jaywalker.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger soapy said…

    What a fun color!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home