The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Knit One, Sweat Two

There is no knitting content today. Why? Because yesterday was so FRIGGIN' HOT that I spent most of the day "watering" the cats. Have you ever seen a cat pant? It's not a pretty sight. In fact it's kind of scary. So there were a lot of dampened face cloths being rubbed over warm kitties yesterday. Wilma hates to be touched. Wilma is not amused. Andy, on the other hand, is very amused by the ice cubes in his water bowl.

Umm, help?

I am not what you'd call a "T.V. person." In fact, for the past three years I've not had cable which meant I got one station, NBC. Which was fine with me because all I watch is the news and Law & Order. Prior to that I was married. What is it with men and remote controls? I grew up in an era where if you wanted to change the T.V. station you got up, walked over to the T.V., and changed it. When I was married we had 18 million hundred bazillion remote controls. I'm not a dumb person but for seven years I did not know how to turn on the T.V.. If I was at home while my ex-husband was at work I had to phone him to walk me through turning on the T.V.. God forbid if I had to adjust the volume. So I gave up watching T.V..

However, if you live in America and don't watch T.V. you are excluded from participating in a great many conversations. People would talk about shows like "House", "Grey's Anatomy" and "Desperate Housewives." I would smile, nod my head and desperately try to steer the topic to last night's news broadcast. It would soon become apparent though that I was the only one who'd noticed that Lisa Kim had a new hairdo.

So yesterday Mr. Comcast Cable Guy came and through the wonders of technology gave me access to 400 channels of entertainment plus free movies "on demand." In less than 30 minutes. To say I'm a little overwhelmed is putting it mildly. So overwhelmed in fact that last night I watched a Law & Order marathon on the USA channel and then watched the news on NBC. I'm so glad I got cable.

Under The Sea Sock Bag

Last week I sent a few trinkets to trek in the mail because she helps me with my sock questions and I have a fondness for people who live in New Jersey. And because she's just that nice I got this in my mailbox yesterday! Is this adorable or what? Another sock bag to add to my growing collection of "Sock Bags By Trek." If you don't have a sock bag by trek, you don't know what you're missing. Now I'm wondering, if I have three sock bags does that mean I should have three socks going at once? That's an interesting question and one I will ponder as I sit here and sweat.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    Ya gotta love that Digital Cable! We got it back in April and thinking about life before it is simply Flintstonian.....However, I do feel *some* guilt about how *much* TV I watch...but I just think of it as "knitting time" woooo hooo!!!

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Satellite!

    Anyway, enjoy the sock bag and, yes, you should have three socks on the go now.

     
  • At 7:07 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Ooh, 3 socks at once!! I've got both of mine full of socks too, they just *want* to be used ;)

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, when I move I'm getting cable! The impetus behind that is that Monday Night Football is moving to ESPN! But at least I'll have Sunday night football on NBC. Of course, that'll be up against Gray's Anatomy and Desparate Housewives, so now I'm thinking I'd better get Tivo.

    Hey, I spent the weekend apartment shopping in 100+ temps. I hate the summers here! Sam hasn't wanted to go out in it, either. He'll go out, and then promptly come back in. You know he's saying "you cannot be serious!" about the heat.

    Oh yeah: today's my birthday! Sammy gave me an appropriate number of smoochies.

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger April said…

    marie,

    the only way i can knit and watch t.v. at the same time is if i'm doing a VERY simple pattern. otherwise, all is lost.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home