The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Today's Class - Justification 101

This is aija's fault.

I'm serious. I'm blaming the purchase of this yarn on aija because a few days back she posted a picture of the most gorgeous orange and white yarn on her blog. And then she posts a picture a few days later of some Fearless Fibers yarn she got. Now I've been eyeing the yarn over at Fearless Fibers for a while but it was so reasonably priced I figured there had to be a catch. But if aija, Sock Queen Extraordinaire is buying it, heck it must be good! And it is. Man oh man, it's loverly. The colorway is Sand And Sun. It's soft, it's got a nice twist and I can't wait to use it. High droolage factor here.

This is Phil Cosentino's fault.

Phil Cosentino owns the grocery store across the street from me. It has an extensive wine selection. From $3.99 to $100.00, they've got the wine you're looking for. I like red wine. I like to knit. However, after two glasses of wine one should put the sharp DPN's down and find something else to do. What's the next best thing to do after knitting? Look at yarn. And if it's midnight on a Friday night and all the local shops are closed then all you need to do is pour yourself another glass of wine and turn on the computer. Bonus points if you have your Visa number memorized. Like most things done under the influence (other than repeatedly singing the chorus to "Chain Of Fools") I should probably not shop. Thank heavens tomorrow is a new day and I can start my Yarn Diet all over again.

Some of you may have noticed that I seem to be spending more time knitting than crocheting these days. It's true. I've gone back to my first love and my new obsession, socks. Which leaves me with a few unemployed crochet hooks. These hooks are all hand made and they all need new homes.

So here's the deal. If you send me three 12" crocheted or knitted squares, I'll send you a hook. Then I'll pack up all the squares and send 'em to Drew (aka The Crochet Dude) to send on to Heartmade Blessings. 100% acrylic yarn please. It'll be first come, first rewarded which means if you want one of these beauties you'd best get busy. I also have a few Brittany Birch hooks that could use new jobs as well so don't panic if you're not the world's fastest crocheter. I'll let ya know when I run out of stuff.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Nice catch.
    The one true love: SOCKS!

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Holy Cow! Those are fabulous yarns (I love them both, but that orange is the color of Sammy!) and fabulous hooks! I may just have to get hooking (do you have a G or H?).

    BTW, just for the record, I did not *technicall* buy you any yarn at WEBS. However, I did get you a little sumfin, and I need to just get off my butt and mail it.

    You are so lucky having a great wine selection across the street. I actually have to drive across the highway to get a great wine selection.

    Thankfully I don't have home internet access, or well, the damage would be severe.

    Renee

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Oooh! I love that FF colorway!! Isn't it soooft? I have been trying to decide what to do with my sock yarn from fearless fibers, but its okay to just let it sit around and look pretty, eh? :)

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said…

    Wow, such a generous offer! Thanks for helping out!!! =)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger soapy said…

    What a great FF color!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home