The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, July 28, 2006

A Lotta Green

There seems to be a lot of green yarn action over here at Chez Insanity. The latest acquisition, from a swap I did on the Knitty board ...

This is from Furry Yarn's "Bear Sox" line, the colorway is "Jungle." It's 80% superwash wool and 20% nylon. I'm going to attempt the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace socks pattern. It looks kind of complicated so it'll be a solitary pursuit. But worth the effort I hope.

This was going to be my mindless sock ...

It's a very simple K2, P2 one round and then knit the second round. Piece o' cake. Perfect for working on while the T.V. is on (since I have cable now). But I don't think I like this colorway. I love the yarn itself, just don't like the colors. This was an eBay purchase, the yarn is distributed in Canada and is cheap cheap cheap. We're talking $4.00 a ball, 2 balls for a pair of socks. It's a combination of superwash wool, cotton and nylon and is MUCH nicer than Sockotta. So you know the drill. If YOU like it and will actually knit something from it, e-mail me at Sakkasie@hotmail.com . C'mon, don't be shy. Help me free up some room in my stash.

Which leaves me with the stalled Jaywalker which I tried on last night and am not crazy about. I also tried to start the Grown Up Wonky Lace socks which trek designed. Koiguuuu on US size 3 is not going to work. Mucho too biggo. I fear I am once again in the Bermuda Triangle of sock knitting. Maybe I should go knit some lace ...

6 Comments:

  • At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the green. I can't wait to see the leaf lace.

    I like the confetti yarn, too. I have been in the sock bermuda triangle as well...sometimes certain yarns just aren't meant to be certain patterns, that is what I have decided.

     
  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    ??? the pattern was written for US size 2s...

    Sorry you don't like the confetti - I think it is very pretty.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    The confetti is lovely. Surely in the hands of a master like you, you'll craft it into something lovely!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger April said…

    wendy,

    i'm beginning to think some yarns weren't made to be knitted at all. *sigh*

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger April said…

    trekkie,

    i know the pattern was written for 2's but i thought since i was using a thinner yarn than the cascade i should go up a needle size. the answer to that question is .... no.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger April said…

    marie,

    pfft, you're the master, not me. r u working tomorrow, maybe i'll pop around and fondle some koiguuuu.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home