The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 07, 2006

One Of Two


Well here's half a pair of socks. A day over "my sock #1 completion plan" but that's OK. As mentioned before, this is Koiguuuu which was sent to me by the world's greatest secret pal. On US 2's using the Baby Cable Rib pattern from Charlotte Schurch's "Sensational Knitted Socks." In retrospect, I wish I had used 1's and continued the cable rib pattern down through the instep. Once sock #2 is done, I'll take a better close-up picture.

In the mail today, from Scout's Hand Painted Swag we have Harlot's Mums. An interesting colorway, wouldn't you agree? I was going to do something lacey with this but I think the colors are too strong. If anyone has any fabulous ideas as to what this should become please let me know.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Wow, you have some great yarn coming in (and out! love the sock!) over there :)

    I'm still giggling about the bean joke one post down :)

     
  • At 6:29 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    How many socks have you done this year?! Way to go.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Able, love the sock. Will there me a mate for it? ;-)

    Sammy says hi. He also says he loves all the boxes in my home right now (I'm moving in 2 weeks), and invites Andy over for some general mayhem and kitty debauchery.

    Renee

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Sock yarn...it's a sickness, I tellya!!! Having recently been stricken with this malady I am just a-quiver gazing at your latest treasures. I see Jaywalkers...

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for the sock!
    Scout's yarn is nice. Yeah, I dye my own, but I also buy from everyone else, too. lol You can NEVER have enough sock yarn. Really. You can't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home