The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Ha! No Knitting Here!

Well I did have a few knitting related pictures to post. I got some of the new sock yarn from Knit Picks today, the 100% Merino in the "Yukon" colorway. But my memory card seems to have forgotten the picture because it's not there and I'm too lazy tonight to retake it. I also took a picture of the dishcloth I knit yesterday for my co-worker, Iris. Iris collects anything that has a lighthouse on it. I found this lovely pattern at knittingpatterncentral.com and worked it up for her in Sugar 'N Cream's "Hot Blue." Think turquoise, there was nothing hot about it. However, the motif did not show up in the picture I took. What point would there be in posting a picture of a blue dishcloth? I mean ... really.

So what have I got instead? Recycled quilting pictures!!! Yay, recycled quilting pictures!!! I'm sure someone out there hasn't seen these before. If you have, just shush and go read the Yarn Harlot.

I made this for my Mum's cat. It was only my second or third quilt so I figured if I said it was for a cat it wouldn't matter if I screwed it up royally. The purple fabric has little grey mice and hunks of cheese on it. The white fabric has black paw prints on it. I kinda wish I'd kept it for myself. But Sofa Bubby loves it and that's what matters most.

This is a charity quilt I made for a neonatal unit in Michigan. I don't know anyone in Michigan and I'm not even sure of the name of the hospital it went to. Fascinating, eh? But some lady posted a request for quilts on a forum I belonged to so I thought what the heck. Blah, blah, blah. Why yes, I do like rail fence quilts, how'd ya know?

This is a quilt that's still in progress after 3 years. I obviously underestimated the time that it would take me to cut out 573 rectangles. Not to mention the focus it would require. That's Sam, who was closely supervising the activity that day. As you can see, his crunchy bowl is within paw's reach so he doesn't need to leave his post. Sam went to kitty heaven last year after 17 years of being a goofball. But a most loved goofball.

Maybe we'll have knitting pictures tomorrow. If not, well there's always MORE RECYCLED QUILTING PICTURES.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I hadn't seen the quilt pictures! They are lovely. My little nine patch has been set aside due to my overwhelming need to explore the world of sock yarn. Someday, it will return to the front of the project line, but for now is resting in the to-do pile. Quilts and cats are both pretty patient, I've found.

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful quilts. I made a miniature rail fence quilt, my only minature. Good stuff. And I love the kitty paper-weight, too. Those are always handy to have around on a breezy day.

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Those are gorgeous! I so want to quilt - but the cut into knitting and sock bag time...

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    You are tempting me to try knitting a rail fence afghan. Ya know, log cabin knitting/Mason-Dixon style. Because I don't think I'll ever scare up the patience to quilt.. just to admire others' work. That first one is particularly gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home