The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pictures ... Really

I was digging through my Mum's photo albums last night and came across some old pictures. Thanks to the wonder of scanner technology I present ...


Dad & Mum, circa 1955

Mum looks rather stern in this photo and Dad looks as stupid as ever. Back in the day, there were photographers who stood on the streets of downtown Vancouver, taking your picture as you walked by. My Mum has a ton of these pictures. And in all of them, she's as neat as a pin and never smiling. Mum hates having her picture taken so why she has such a collection of them is beyond me.

And looking as young then as I do now ...


My fifth birthday party, aren't you sorry you missed it? Check out those snazzy red shoes and jaunty pose. Paris Hilton has nothing on me. And surprise! There was television when I was a child! I miss Walter Cronkite.

OK, that's enough of a trip down memory lane for today, let's fast forward to 2006.


Wool & Wicker

This is the Wool & Wicker yarn shop in Steveston. I imagine it will become my new favorite yarn store since I've made the decision to ... move back to Canada. Now all my American friends will have a new source for Canadian sock yarn. Yes, there is such a thing. I'm heading back to California next Saturday and will give my notice at work, pack up a few things and return to Canada at the end of September. It's what my Mum wants and frankly I'm sick of the hot summers in Campbell. So it's back to the frozen North. But hey, at least I'll be able to buy decent bread again. I just hope I can get my Cabin Cove Mercantile yarn shipped to Canada. Pretty please, Dave?

OK, that's the post for today. Kinko's is closed tomorrow in observation of Labor Day so no post from moi.

Now it's time to go back to the hospice. This morning Mum told the chaplain to get lost. I need to do some damage control.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Yikes, mom!

    Good luck with the damage control, April - but don't worry - most chaplains have really thick skin.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    OMG! If those little red shoes are patent leather, I had me a pair of those fine little fashion statements! They were my favorites. Trek's right. The Chaplain has probably heard worse over the years. A little damage control never hurts, tho...

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that look on her face is related to her tight shoes. lol
    Cute birthday photo, and you sure do look happy!
    Of course I'll ship to you in canada. I may have ot deliver it in person, though...

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    The family photos are gorgeous.
    When my dad was in the hospice we had a different denomination chaplain each day for the first 4 days before we made his room a chaplain free zone. The chaplains understood and were so helpfull to me.
    Good luck and a safe trip back to the US to start packing.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Oh wow, congrats on the move back! I hate the heat too :)

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    Your california friends will miss you terribly, but I hope that you'll be happy and more comfortable in your frozen north.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home