The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Postal Largesse

I knew you wouldn't believe it if I just told you what came in the mail today. So it's a good thing the batteries in my camera were new so I could take all these pictures. This all came in a box from trek in an effort to counteract the nastiness of the past three weeks.

Bubble bath, a journal and a book that will probably make me cry.

Four balls of Sugar 'N Cream and a wonderful reproduction of Dave's Garterlac Dishcloth pattern.

Soap, Frog Tree alpaca yarn (drool), hand lotion and a too cute stitch marker.

Gummy Bears! And my favorite tea!

And the piece de resistance - a trek dishcloth bag !!! (with more wonderful stitch markers, which I suspect she made).

All from trek. All in one box. All a bit overwhelming. I feel like I should fly to New Jersey and take the entire trek family out for dinner. Or buy them a new car or something. This simply goes beyond kindness. I'm sort of at loss for words. Unbelievable as that may seem.

However, I do have two words for the Anonymous Blog Troll who left such a wonderful comment for me. Bring it. Preferably before I finish tracking your IP. I'm in the mood for a good fight.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    Trek is a wonderful thoughtful friend.
    You deserve to be spoilt.
    Ignore the 'fwits' !
    Lindy

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    I'm so glad trek sent you some heartwarmin'. You are a pretty amazing person yourself, girl. Glad you are home...

     
  • At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for a box full of glorious goodies. That's SO sweet to return home to find that.
    Who is this nosey annonymous person asking about children? And, could the other one be your brother, being an ass. Seems to fit.

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, trek must be some nice friend to have!!! Im going to pop by there next. The Sheep and you....lucky ladies indeed.

    Hope you are feeling better and that things are settling down in your life again.

    Huggs, G

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yikes, just read about the Blog Troll....what gives with this? I like a good fight too, when required. Also good to expose internet varmits, for what they are, Ive had a few stop by too, I say to all of them, Get a LIFE eh!!!

    Bye again, G

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just came across your blog. I'm sorry to hear about your loss and the trouble you have been having. I'm glad you have such good friends as Trek - how incredibly nice of her!

    Here's hoping things get better now that you are home :)

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Trek knows how to make a friend feel appreciated, that is for sure!!! But, you know, I think that you generally get back what you give in life. You've been pretty generous to others when they needed a boost. (You will never know just how "well-timed" your sock knitters kit was!)

    Enjoy your gifties and I hope they help to make things feel a little better!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe you should have been a better daughter and came up here more than once in the past year

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe you spent to much time riding around in a tow truck when you were 14 love paul longworth

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger soapy said…

    wow! I hope you like the goats milk creme

     

Post a Comment

<< Home