The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, September 18, 2006

The British Are Coming

Hello, it's me. Back in California and you have NO idea how glad I am to be back home. I've actually been back since midnight Friday. Did I mention that you have NO idea how glad I am to be back home? I am. Especially after driving 15 hours on Friday. It's like the hounds of hell were chasing me. But we all know it was just the memory of my assclown brother.

So. I get home, my phone is disconnected which means my DSL is disconnected. My cablevision is also disconnected. And someone has a very stinky litter box. Fortunately there's still electricity so I can see to change the litter box. Wouldn't that be the first thing you did after driving for 15 hours, change a litter box? Clearly I wasn't thinking quite straight.

Saturday morning rolled around and I needed a little pick me up. Roses always do the trick. I often wonder why I don't buy myself flowers more often. These were only $9.99 at Lunardi's and they smell fantastic.

Shall we look at more British yarn bought in Canada? OK.

This is going to be an Irish Hiking Scarf. It's 45% wool, 25% Acrylic and 30% polyester. I'm not sure what the deal is but the majority of yarn shops I visited seemed to carry a lot of yarn that had some form of acrylic or other man made stuff in them. Alpaca is practically non-existent. Silk, same thing. It was a bit disappointing.

On the left, my new favorite "store bought" yarn. And not just because it has a cute label. This is superwash merino wool that is "anti-tickle." Says so, right on the label. I'm using it for the Streaming Leaves Lace Scarf pattern that I also bought in Canada. The scarf itself is about half done. It knits up beautifully. And the price? $4.49 for 123 yards. I wish I'd bought more. The manufacturer is "King Cole." As in "Old King Cole was a merry old soul, And a merry old soul was he." Probably because he was knitting with this.

On the right, it's a big ol' ball of acrylic. I couldn't resist the color though. I only bought 3 balls so it'll probably end up as a baby blanket for Project Linus.

And that's that. Let's put the nastiness of the past three weeks behind us and forge ahead. I have the day off today and then it's back to my job tomorrow. I can only imagine what my desk looks like. I wonder if I'll even be able to see my desk. Let's not think about that, shall we? Instead, I'm off to the Post Office to spend millions of dollars mailing out long overdue stuff.

Thank you to all my bloggin' friends for your support over the past three weeks. Unfortunately my mind isn't working quite right this morning or I'd write something really memorable and heart warming about how much you all mean to me. I'll get back to you on that, k?

7 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Hope the post office has lots of nice goodies waiting for you there.

    Very happy that your job is still there!

    Welcome home, April.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, what a whirlwind three weeks this has been for you. Welcome back to the good ol' USA. Unfortunately, not much has changed. (You know who is still in office, we are still at war, the Trial is still ongoing.)
    Really glad to hear you still have a home, little ones and a job to go back to. And all your friends, of course. ;)

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Welcome home, April! I was out sick the last part of last week, so I missed the stuff about your brother, but I can't say anything about how much he sucks as well as what the other folks have said (I just wish there was something that could be done, b/c he's cheated you out of what is yours, and I find that so hypocritical after he got on you about just being in Canada for your mom's money!).

    But, I know that Andy and the other kitties will be glad to have momma home with them (and your friends, both local and cyber, as well!).

    BTW, the roses are gorgeous! I'd like to buy myself flowers, but gosh-darnit, Sam just eats them as fast as he can.

    Okay, now that I know you're staying in the US, I have something I've been wanting to mail to you, so now I can get it in the post post-haste.

    Renee

     
  • At 3:19 PM, Blogger JustApril said…

    Forge ahead! All that stuff is worth forgetting. I'm glad you are glad to be back. There's no place like home! =)*) Even if the kitty litter scares you.

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    We're just glad to have you back in one piece. Welcome home!

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Pearls Mother said…

    You know you're home,
    when you're greeted with 'eau de litter box'.
    The furry faces will be thrilled that you're home
    and so are we.
    hugs
    Lindy

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    april do you have children of your own or neices or nephews

     

Post a Comment

<< Home